How to read this blog

If this is your first time visiting, you should start reading from the beginning of the blog. To access earlier posts choose "OLDER POSTS" at the bottom of this page.



What a great job

Many times I tell people I have the best job at the church and this week is definitely one of those weeks. The first great part of my week is that I am traveling with wonderful people whose faith is growing before my eyes. And how cool is it that I get to be part of it? And secondly, I get to visit and share my days with the joyful Salvadoran people. The genuine smiles on their faces and hugs is priceless. Thank you for reading our blog. We love and miss everyone! Off to Maundy Thursday service.
Elizabeth

p.s. Below are a few additional photos from yesterday. As mentioned we saw a beautiful pageant reenacting the Last Supper and afterward walked to the town square where we joined some of the Habitat staff for our favorite late night treat - ice cream.






2 comments:

Anne Neilson said...

Wow - I just look at these pictures and can't wait to hear the story behind them!!!! I am so excited that each of you had the opportunity to do this! CAN'T wait to hear all about the trip and adventure!

Clark - it was GREAT hearing your voice yesterday - did I already tell you that?? WE CAN'T wait to have you back home! I decided since you all were all doing manual labor - I should join in! I BLEW the entire bball court and sidewalks and street and everything today! Ford is going to attempt to mow the lawn on Saturday - it is quite tall! - we have been busy bees around here!

I LOVE all the photos of everyone and I just am so proud that you took this opportunity to go on this trip! CAN'T wait to see you! Just an FYI - the office called today and said that you had a GREAT week!

Have a great rest of the trip! Be safe - will be praying for each of you!

LOVE!
A, B, C, T, F, M and Charlie!

Teri Boone said...

Easter greetings to the El Salvador brigade!
I thought of you all as I sat in the Maundy Thursday service at church last night. It is such a sobering service and would be almost unbearable if we didn't know "the rest of the story". I thought about Jesus' resurrection and the joy for us in that miracle and I realized that you are performing miracles for the people of Getsemani....and you are receiving miracles in return! You are blessing your new friends and they are blessing you! I am keeping up with the prayer calendar and praying for you each day.
Elizabeth.....I put you in the right country this time! Last time I prayed for you in Congo, but you were really in Cuba. What can I say....it's me! The best news is God knows where you are.
Happy Easter to all and continued blessings!
Teri Boone